Sunday, December 2, 2007

Something good from Thanksgiving

I'm making my turkey stock this afternoon for my gumbo. The next thing I need to do is make my roux, but I'm trying the no-oil one that my dad makes. This involves cooking dry flour in a pan and it's a very smoky process. I think I'm going to take my portable burner out on the porch and do it there.

We got our Christmas tree yesterday and decorated it today. It's just so hard to get in the Christmas spirit when it's 80 degrees outside.



Last night the cats were having a territorial fight under the tree. I was glad that it was still standing when we woke up this morning.

Oh, and my knitting ADD has come back with a vengeance. I'm happy just sitting and knitting all day long, when I really should be straightening the house. I found a book on Victorian lace patterns Friday and now I'm working on a scarf. It's going well, and it's making me want to go buy a nicer lace weight yarn and start over again.



Oh crap. That needle says 6. I'm supposed to be working with 7s. I must be working with one of each.

No comments: