Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sewing Saturday

I was up relatively early this morning and R is off on a recruiting trip, so I pulled out my sewing machine and some scrap fabric. I made a new knitting needle organizer that will hold all of my needles with room to spare.

I still have to stick labels on each slot (I'm thinking iron-on). The circulars look pretty jumbled, but they will be easy to grab once the labels are on.

I swiped one of R's nice wooden pants hangers from the closet, but my guess is the pants that should be on there are with him and will need a coat hanger when he returns. I can easily grab a replacement at the store for my organizer, so that shouldn't be a problem.



It took about 3 hours to make it, and that included organizing the needles and putting them in. I also have to add some sort of button tabs to hold it while it's rolled up, and then I can just hang it in the downstairs closet. I'm not tossing the packaging, but this will be much easier to deal with than my current storage solution, which is one of those huge ziplock storage bags.



Right now I really need to go to the grocery store so I will have something to eat for the rest of the weekend. There really isn't anything in the house to cook. I should get something that R wouldn't want to eat if he were here. Tofu or tempeh and veggies maybe? I also need half and half because I bought a quart on Thursday and left it in my client's fridge. Dagnabit. However first I must remove the fur that is covering me after the 3 minutes of cat lap time I was treated to while writing this.

No comments: