Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Food and knitting...been a while

There hasn't been much discussion of either on here recently.

I just finished prepping things for dinner tonight. We're having shrimp, which is currently & quickly marinating in lime juice, olive oil, garlic, mint, cilantro and chili garlic paste:



I'll probably serve it over some Thai sticky rice (prepared in the microwave, amazingly enough).

This evening's veggie is one of my favorites, roasted Brussels sprouts. I am so thankful that R likes these, although I suppose I would be happy enough eating them all myself.



In knitting news, I've been listening to way too many knitting podcasts, so now a very large portion of my day is somehow related to knitting. I've been going back to the beginning of them and listening to them as I cook for my clients. I've only had my iPod since November, but I never listen to music on it any more.

Sticks & String
Belle of the Ball
Cast On (I'm about a year behind on this one)

and there are others.

I am knitting. In fact I am almost finished with my "Very Fuchsia Frill" (that link will only work for Ravelry.com members). It is from Knitty.com.

I am halfway through the second frilled edge:



which I will finish by attaching to the rest of it:



Other activities:

R's birthday was last Saturday. Looking at this picture, it appears that I was trying to set his head on fire and not his candles. I really wasn't.



That cake,



if you're curious, was 100% store bought.

This is what happens when I bake cakes:





These are just two of my attempts. Please don't bother with the tips. Believe me, I've tried them all. That chocolate one was even a mix.

I don't do cakes, and I finally proved it to R this year.

No comments: