Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's not all about the food

One of the reasons I gave up on the food blogs was that it was hard to make something every day that was worth blogging about. For that reason, this isn't going to be all about food. I'm going back to my roots.

Ten years ago I started an online journal. Having recently come across a zipdisk of files, and thankfully having a zip drive in the house, I now have access to all of it.
I was sure creative with that HTML...
(note, it's not surprising, but the links don't work)

Ten years ago tomorrow


And some fun excerpts:

October 21, 1997

Brrr. I just ran outside with the garbage. Brrr. I wonder how cold it is right now. The weather person on the local public radio station said this morning that it's going to snow tomorrow. This early?? First they said thursday, now they're saying wednesday, but I just looked at the weather channel and it doesnt look like it's going to get this far east, at least not until later tomorrow. I'm waiting for the local forecast, but they're showing an El Nino special. Oooh. There's another episode of El Nino focus tomorrow. I better tape it.


October 24, 1997
"...I am a good person, I am beautiful, I can feel my breasts doubling in size as I lay here listening to my tapes...grow boobs, grow!"
(Upon reading an ad in the back of Cosmo.)

October 25, 1997

I think one of the reasons I quit dancing was because I started getting tired of the music. It may have been a sign that we'd been there too long, but the dj played several songs twice. That annoys me. I'm really sick of that tub thumping song, and I really only heard it for the first time the other day. I also get tired of 70's music after a while. All that stuff was ok a few years ago, when the whole retro thing was novel, but now I'm pretty tired of 'I will survive' and 'YMCA.'
(Funny, I'm still tired of the whole retro thing)

October 26, 1997
There was a DJ the last night at the conference, and the guy came up to my mom with the microphone and said "so, I hear you're the one who started the food fight. . .Will you throw one more for us?' So he handed her a roll and she launched it all the way across the room. Gee I have a crazy mom. (She's still crazy...)

Believe it or not, I actually had quite a few readers when I stopped writing some time in 2000.

No comments: