Thursday, October 25, 2007

mmm...soup

I made butternut squash soup today for my client, and it was such a nice recipe I decided to make it for dinner tonight, along with some crab cakes.

I did not make the crab cakes.

Yes, even I succumb to premade items. I'm just lucky that I have a store that makes good crab cakes.

I tried to take a picture of the soup, but the lighting was bad and I was hungry. All I could get was this embarrassingly blurry photograph:



The dark swirl is aged balsamic vinegar, which the recipe suggested using as a garnish/finish. You can find the recipe here.

In other, non food-related news, my back is still killing me. I didn't get home until almost 4:00 (I would have been home earlier but I had to buy some gold lame fabric), and immediately lay down on the wood floor with my feet up on a chair. Eventually R came home from the gym with some wal-cetominophen and a Thermocare heat wrap. Ibuprofen has done absolutely nothing for me, so I'm trying something new.

No comments: