Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Curry Night

Wednesday night is Curry Night at the pub where R and I met. We had planned to meet friends there this evening, but they backed out today so I decided I'd make Chicken Tikka Masala at home.

I tried to make it a little healthier--the recipe called for a half cup of butter and a cup of whole cream. There was no way I was feeding my high-cholesterol hubby that, and I only had half & half on hand (gotta have that for one particular brand of coffee), so I only used a few tablespoons of butter. I started marinating the chicken thighs around 5:00 and we ate at 7:20, but there wasn't a ton of work involved; just lots of measuring spices!

We ate it with brown rice and ginger-roasted brussels sprouts. It was very good. I took a picture, but it really doesn't photography well so I didn't bother uploading it. The recipe came from Easy Indian Cooking by Suneeta Vaswani.

No comments: