Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mystery dinner & more knitting

I am so bad about labeling things that I put in the freezer. I thought I was thawing out chicken, but it turned out to be two halibut fillets. I was also thawing out some green chile sauce I made in August. That, I could identify, so I guess we're having halibut with green chile sauce.

R had chicken for lunch, so I suppose it was meant to be.

Knitting: the market bag has been thrown aside for a while. Something has urged me to start knitting the Christmas stockings my mom has requested--despite the fact that the recipients (my husband and my sister-in-law) will not be spending Christmas with my parents this year. I think I just want to be able to prove that I can do it. It's intarsia, and I just added my third color into the mix. A problem is about to arise, however. My mom bought the yarn (she had originally shipped it to my MIL to knit, but she is not able to do it now) and did not include the angora I need for Santa's beard and hair. I stopped by my local yarn shop on my way home and they did not carry it. I bought a white, soft & fluffy baby yarn that might work, but I'm afraid my mom will whine that these two are not identical to the ones her friend's mom knitted 30+ years ago.

I could have my MIL send me some, but she's a bit preoccupied with health issues at the moment. My other option would be to just order some online, but I really don't want to wait for it.

No comments: